509. Five Attributes of a Great Chef, from the film “Jiro Dreams of Sushi”
“A great chef has five attributes.
1. They take their work very seriously, and consistently perform at the highest level.
2. They aspire to improve their skills.
3. Cleanliness: If the restaurant doesn’t feel clean, the food isn’t going to taste good.
4. Impatience: They are better leaders than collaborators.
5. A great chef is passionate.
Jiro has all five of these attributes. He’s a perfectionist.”
—From the film “Jiro Dreams of Sushi”